God has put in my heart a burning, a deep passion for women. Regardless of where they might find themselves, there is a Father waiting to meet them in their circumstances. I have journeyed with Him in both the beautiful and the hard. I have found Him to be enough, and He has left me desperately wanting more of Him.
I'm not claiming to speak without a southern draw, or to be the next Beth Moore, but God has put a fire in my heart for the hearts of women, and I cannot stay silent. I would love the opportunity to speak to your women. I am passionate about these topics in the light of the Gospel:
- My children are adopted and I will be an advocate for the orphan as long as I have breath in my lungs. But adopting my children has etched in my heart the process of the Father adopting me. Living in that sonship, and knowing we belong to Him, changes everything. When our identity is secure in Him, we are able to live life freely.
- Embracing Suffering
- My story is a broken one. A thread of suffering can be found throughout my pages. From a little girl to now a mother, suffering has been my greatest blessing. It's in that suffering I have found intimacy with the Father. He has taken my ashes and made them beautiful. When we're in the middle of suffering it's often hard to see the end. Embracing suffering, being able to lament, and shine in the middle of pain is beautiful to the Father. Others are then able to see His glory on display in the darkest days of our lives.
- Grace in the Waiting
- Sometimes God doesn't answer our prayers the way we think He should. Learning to rest in grace and leaning into Him in the waiting shapes our hearts for what He has prepared. Grace in the waiting forces us to surrender our desires and trust a faithful Father.
- Finding Intimacy with the Father
- I have walked with the Lord for many years. I met Him when I was five. However, it wasn't until I walked through a season of infertility and watched a family member become an addict until I really experienced true intimacy with Father. I had seen Him in black and white my whole life, but when I was at the end of myself and desperate for more of Him, I experienced Him in beautiful color. He is waiting, pursuing, inviting us to step in closer and listen to the sound of His heart beating for us. I keep finding more of Him there, nestled up close to His heart. And His heart longs for other sisters to find Him there too.