Gah. I know I'm their mama, but aren't they the cutest?
Spring is in full swing over here! We spent all day last week working in the yard. We chose the only day it was going to rain to get our outside to-do list finished. Oh well. Remember how my husband works nights? Our schedule is kinda crazy, so rain or shine, we were sprucing this place up. And I'm so glad we did!
Something holy happens for me when my hands are in the dirt. When I have to clean out my fingernails and have dirty knees I know it's been a good day. I spent that morning digging up old roots, preparing the ground for new seeds, for new life. That's what God has been doing in me too lately. It's so very exciting!
There are fresh flowers on my table. And most of the time the screen door is open. (Don't mind the play dough, leftover mac and cheese from lunch, or the cozy coupe in the back. This is real life, people.) The birds are waking me up each morning singing their song, and the extra day light is straight from heaven. Everything is turning green and I'm pulling out my favorite sandals.
We've been spending a lot of our days playing outside or at the park. We also really enjoy the zoo. Micah is even coming around to the idea of the zoo. He's getting so big, y'all. He'll be TWO in next month! Selah's Gotcha Day is coming up this weekend. We've been talking it up and she's getting excited because it's an excuse to have cake. Homegirl likes cake. A Lot.
Two of our dear friends just had babies and Selah's been asking me lots of questions about when she was born and about how she used to grow in my tummy. We've had many conversations about how she didn't grow in my tummy, but she grew in my heart. I'm so excited to give her this sweet present we made for her this weekend. I'm praying it helps her better understand her story. I don't want to ruin the surprise, but don't worry, I'll be sure to tell you!
My friend, Amber shot these amazing photos of my children with live animals! Take a long guess about how Micah felt about them...
Okay, so to the point of this post. My spring favorites...
- This purse from Noonday. It's my absolute favorite. Brandon gave it to me for my birthday. Seriously I'm in love. It's also the perfect mom bag because it's never ending. Kinda like Mary Poppin's purse. Also, my precious friend, Diana is my ambassador, and she's amazing. I've known about Noonday for a while, but just recently have become addicted! If you host a party, you get free stuff!
- Sunless Tanner. This is the only brand that I have tried that doesn't streak and also doesn't cost as much as my house. I'm not crazy about the chemicals, but it's much better than the tanning bed or the sun! Here are my tips for a streak-less tan...
- After you get out of the shower, rub regular lotion all over your hands and wrists, elbows, knees, and ankles.
- Apply the sunless tanner evenly. I've found less is more. If your tan isn't as dark as you'd like, reapply rather than making a thick coat. (Think: painting your nails.)
- Immediately wash your hands with soap thoroughly, only on your palms.
- Pat your hands dry with a towel.
- Apply more of the regular lotion to those same areas: hands, wrists, elbows, knees, and ankles.
- Wipe your palms off on a towel.
This is my tried and true method. Happy tanning!
- I've really enjoyed this face wash from Trader Joe's lately. It has tea tree oil in it, so it leaves your skin feeling refreshed.
- Y'all. This song speaks to deep parts in me. It's been on repeat at my house. "Whatever the season may be, you have a harvest for me." Cry. My. Eyes. Out.
- I've been taking magnesium and lavender baths. They have dramatically helped with migraines. Magnesium is something that most of us are deficient in. It helps muscle aches, headaches, anxiety, and emotional balance. It's been AH.MAZ.ING for my kids as well! My sister told me about this, and it has been so beneficial. This is the magnesium I buy. And I use Young Living Essential Oils. You can buy the lavender here. (If you are interested in buying oils, just email me and I'll be glad to help you! Jessica@gracewhilewewait.com)
- I just got these new bar necklaces in my shop, and I can't take mine off. I love it so much! I stamped "Papa" on mine, because He is the love of my life. I can't get enough of Him! But these would be the sweetest Mother's Day presents! You can buy them here.
- If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw me talking about this lip stick by Elf in my Insta stories. A lot of you messaged me about it, the color is Tea Rose.
- And last but not least, my Spring read. Seriously I love anything he writes!
So here's me in my cheesy grin with real messy hair and my favorite necklace ever, wishing you a very Happy Spring, friends!!!
Also, even though it's awkward and uncomfortable for me, I am going to start doing a Facebook Live twice a month to talk about the things the Lord is doing. Really exciting things! So come follow me on Facebook so we can be friends and you can make fun of my real southern accent.
*Amazon affiliate links used*